Announcements

Forum Rules

Welcome to the Epic Space: Online official forums. It's important to us that we create a community that fosters respect and camaraderie. Please make sure to keep the following in mind: 1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. (Read More)

[Suggestion] what the game needs at its current state

Hello community!

I would like to add some points/suggestions/ideas which some community members and me just discussed ingame.
I played this game for almost 140 hours, so i think i have some sort of experience with it.

Personally, I am at the the point where i finalized setting up different kinds of mining sectors, base sectors, a sector which got a station to sell stuff (got already tons of money) and so on.
For me (only my personal experience), I'm at the point where the daily scanning to loot some items (to sell it perhaps) and to find some pirate outposts is the only "interesting" thing i can do at the moment.
I know, this game is only at beta status (with a limited amount of features implemeted) at the moment and i got no problem with it. (im also checking the trello roadmap once per week to find out how the development goes on). Though, there are some things i experienced on the daily base which i like to list here:

[b:26d7i4fr][u:26d7i4fr]- Amount of players/interaction with others:[/u:26d7i4fr][/b:26d7i4fr]
At the moment, there are ~5 players online at the same time in this game. This means practicly you're not able to find another one w/o meeting up by chat. AFAIK, this game is also about pirating and pvp-so we need more players in general (which can be achieved by getting more promotion for this game). Hopefully this game will go to the steam front page again with the next update (which includes the pvp servers) or simply getting reviewed by some more popular gaming blogs who test/preview indie games (rock paper, shotgun e.g.). I don't know if there are other ways to get it better promoted perhaps others have some better ideas. Though, I hope with the warservers-update a lot more players will join.

Another point for "interaction" with others could be the implementation of artificial intelligence. I read about the "mimics" [url:26d7i4fr]http://epicspace.wikia.com/wiki/Mimic[/url:26d7i4fr] somewhere @ trello some weeks ago. This would be a feature which could make the exploration in space much more interesting at the current state and should be prioritised in my opinion.

[b:26d7i4fr][u:26d7i4fr]- Interaction with the community:[/u:26d7i4fr][/b:26d7i4fr]
When i bought this game, i immediately checked the forums (to get some information what is possible in this game at the current state and so on) and i got the feeling there is not much interaction between the developers and the players in general for the ideas/suggestion part. (Though, if there are problems with your account e.g. you get help by the dev himself within a day which is pretty positive.)
However, a little bit more communication would be way more motivating for me and others to post suggestions for example. If the Dev(s?) has no time for this and is more focused in developing the game, just get somebody who is in contact with the community and the development of the game (can give some information about the current progress, know what is possible to add by features, etc.)

These are only some general things which i got in my head for a longer time now. Hopefully others can give some more points what the game needs at its current state (criticism of my points included :roll: ).

Best Regards

Last Edited By Willa, None

I completely agree Willa that the game needs a much higher population to realize its full potential..... So anything that can be done to promote new players coming in and retaining players that do come in will gradually begin to pay some dividends in that account.

Here are a few ideas that both the Dev AND the community can do to help Grow the game...

1. Go to Steam and write a favorable review...
2. Be more active on forum threads such as this one...
3. Maybe the best idea i have to give new players something to work towards would be changing the merit/crafting/rank progression to this system.
a. Merit checks should be done Daily
b. The amount of Merits needed to advance a rank should be great increased maybe 200 for level 2 and Thousands for level 16.
c. That way players are rewarded and given incentive to play ALOT everyday instead of the current system that encourages players to play a very small amount once a month. Most do not come back if they have not played for a month.

I believe that these 3 suggestions would give us the most bang for our time invested in building a player base and community, which will provide the Dev with ample opportunities to implement much more content and features and bug fixes. A robust player base of 10k daily players will open up a whole new world for us as players.

Any comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.... Matthjar.

Last Edited By matthjar, None

[quote="matthjar":101vid0b]
3. Maybe the best idea i have to give new players something to work towards would be changing the merit/crafting/rank progression to this system.
a. Merit checks should be done Daily
b. The amount of Merits needed to advance a rank should be great increased maybe 200 for level 2 and Thousands for level 16.
c. That way players are rewarded and given incentive to play ALOT everyday instead of the current system that encourages players to play a very small amount once a month. Most do not come back if they have not played for a month.
[/quote:101vid0b]

This particular change would go a long way to boosting playtime. You want people playing daily, not monthly like some of the older players are tending to do now that we have chewed through the current content.

Adding the "mimics" would also do much to boost the players logging on daily. At times I didn't even care if i had something "specific" to do when i was logging in daily, I logged in just to chat / help new players (but this requires more than a few players on to motivate me!).

To be honest, the wargames stuff sounds interesting but that's not why I was interested in this game to begin with. I am more interested in developing the persistent universe, not engaging in small pvp matches that don't really have much of an affect on the persistent universe.

Last Edited By jczarny, None

I completely agree with your take on the persistent universe JCZ..... I decided to get this game rather then several other just because that feature is the one i enjoy the most....

Last Edited By matthjar, None

[quote="matthjar":126mk08t]I completely agree with your take on the persistent universe JCZ..... I decided to get this game rather then several other just because that feature is the one i enjoy the most....[/quote:126mk08t]

Of course I will ENJOY the PvP in the persistent universe where it does make a difference ;)

Last Edited By jczarny, None

Login / Register